Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Good grief . . . !

Took Gigi over to LSU today to have her heartworm problems checked out.  But they found she also has additional problems!  She apparently has some "elevations in liver values," so now we have to give her even MORE meds twice a day for another month to deal with that liver problem before they can handle her heartworm treatment.  And I have to give her those pills at least an hour or more BEFORE she eats twice a day so I won't be able to just stick them into her food. Not sure HOW that's going to work.  Gees!  

And I'll tell you what - that exam itself was a reasonable price, but those one-month liver pills costed $200, as well! Whew!  

And Dr. Chapman, the LSU horse vet, came over here to the farm yesterday to give all the horses their annual vaccinations and check out everything on their bodies, as well.  So I ended up paying LSU ALL the bills -- the horse bills as well as Gigi's fees -- darn near $1000!  Wow!  (Good thing we really LOVE all those animals, huh?)  

Anyway, here's Gigi's LSU note today:












































So I guess I better go now and try and give Gigi those pills. Let's cross our fingers and hope she actually gets them down.  (I'd sure hate to see her lose those expensive pills!) 

I guess I'll get things posted here again before too long.  Let's hope things will be getting better before TOO long anyway.

No comments: