Sunday, May 1, 2016

Improved Magnolia tree - I hope it continues . . .

After we were given some instructions by a tree service we checked with about that screwed up Magnolia, I managed to spray all over the chewed off bark on that Magnolia tree that a horse ate all the bark off of last weekend.  We checked with a tree company and they suggested we spray it with Ferti-Lome Pruning Sealer that keeps bugs away from it and seals against moisture and retards sap flow.  And now that tree is acting pretty much the same as usual at the moment.  Sure hope that continues!     

Here's what it was like when that horse chewed off the bark!  Yuk! 
That hanging bark there at the top left needs to be cut off.  I didn't want to pull it off in case it would get worse, but I did lift it up and spray under it.  But we do need to cut it off after while.





Sure glad it got sprayed right away because it's been storming ever since all this week.  But that spray stuff is staying on completely and that tree does seem to be just fine. (Obviously the spray is continuous because the spray that got a bit onto my hand and arm while spraying is STILL on there no matter how I've tried to wipe it off - and even SAND it off!  Gees!  In fact, there's a bit of that stuff on our front door as well.  Good grief!  But at least it WILL stay on that tree.)

But on the plus side, it's supposed to stop storming down here on Wednesday and be lovely the whole rest of the week right up through the next weekend.  Love that, because I'm going to have a miserable time over the next few days - I have to stop eating tomorrow until Wednesday afternoon because I'm having a colonoscopy on Wednesday morning so I'll REALLY enjoy having a lovely time after that's over. Sure looking forward to the rest of the week! 

No comments: