Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Not much info YET . . .

We still don't know what's going to happen with Mark's truck. It took the insurance company almost two weeks to come get it and send it to someone to see if it can be repaired -- or not -- after that guy pulled out into it on Mark's way home last month. But our insurance company finally sent it over there to be checked out just before the holiday weekend so it hasn't been determined yet so we still don't know what's going to happen.  Of course Mark DOES have a rental car at least (but it's just parked down by the Gulf at the moment while he's out on the rig getting it ready to be removed from the Gulf).

And we still don't know if he's going to be out of a job when he gets off work next week or not.  That company just doesn't let anyone know about anything ahead of time.  But they HAVE told the group that works out there when Mark is home that they don't need to come to work next week.  So he certainly won't be going back to work on THAT rig next time. Now whether they give him something else to do or not? . . . who knows . . . yet.

It did finally occur to us that he actually doesn't have to keep working until the house is paid off (as we planned to do) since our 401(k) money will be accessible to us whenever each of us stop working.  Given that, it makes us both look forward to NOT working sometime soon!  

As far as I'm concerned, I think I'll probably quit working myself sometime before the end of this year as well!  Wow! I'm really looking forward to that!  And if anything comes up at the office that I hate in the meantime . . . well, I can simply refuse to deal with it and if they fire me -- who cares!!

But I AM still working at the moment, so I guess I better get on with it. 

As for my friends, if YOU aren't working, do come visit us! We have plenty of space for visitors.  And I can't wait to visit with our friends!  We just hope you'll come down here so we won't have to get someone to come care for ALL our many animals in order for us to go out of town!   


No comments: