Sunday, September 14, 2014

Terrific Weekend!

Went over to check out Gigi at Ken's on Friday afternoon and she was doing really REALLY well!  I thought I was going to get eaten while walking in there though.  Turned out his personal protective dog (a Doberman) had been trained to keep anyone from going inside his office.  So as I walked past the steps that go up into the office to get to the back to check out Gigi, that dog came flying down the steps looking like he was about to attack me.  But Ken told me he had been trained to go exactly as far out as the bottom of the steps -- but NOT past there, so as long as no one tried to go up the steps they'd be safe.  Whew!   But if Ken hadn't been there I would have been back inside my truck and NOT going past those steps!  Gees!  Scary!  But once we were in back he got Gigi out of the kennel he has her in now - which is outside, not inside the building any longer.  And he lets her out to play with other grown dogs now, too, instead of the other puppies -- I guess because she's fine with other dogs now.  Either that or because she's TOO big for other young dogs.  I don't know. 

She was VERY happy to see me.  At first she didn't pay attention to him and tried to get over to me instead of walking correctly next to him.  But he got her reminded and she behaved perfectly well the rest of the time.  And when he finally brought her over to me, he explained that he had been teaching her NOT to lick people -- to sit quietly and let me pet her and NOT lick my face anymore. Now THAT sure was an improvement as well!
 
Then Saturday afternoon Mark and I went over to visit with Jan and Mike and we all went out to eat over at Sammy's.  GREAT food!  And it was so much that we got to eat the rest of our dinners all over again today!  Nice!
 
Also got a note from Lizzie Gomez down the road saying she has all kinds of horse stuff she wants to sell.  She was using a lot of acreage next to her place for years.  But now it's been sold and she has had to reduce the number of horses she has a lot so she wants to sell a lot of her now-extra horse equipment as well -- bits, blankets, girths, bridles, even water troughs and saddle racks!  So I'm planning to go down there this week sometime and see if she has anything I could use.  I DO need a new girth for Shadow, but I might want to get another of those water troughs to use for hay if they're the right size -- and if they're cheap.  ;-D
 
Well, it's about time to go feed OUR horses now, so -- more later.

No comments: