Friday, September 26, 2014

70???? EEEEEEK!

It's my birthday!!  I was planning to go out to Ken's to work with Gigi today, but he has to go pick up a guard dog for some reason at an odd time.  So I'm putting it off until Monday afternoon.  When I go out there, though, I'm going to take one of Gigi's giant food bowls and Ken is going to turn it upside down and fill the bottom with concrete so that she can't pick it up OR shove it around (he thinks).  Actually, I doubt that it will prevent her from pushing it around, but at least she won't be able to throw it up against the metal in her kennel and wake up the neighbors through the night! . . . at least I HOPE not.  I'm also going to take some canned dog food out there for him to mix into her dry food to get her to eat it and NOT throw it around instead. 
 
But in the meantime, we're going to be going out to eat at least a couple times this weekend.  Nice!  I got a free birthday dinner note from Roberto's restaurant down the road from us so we'll be going over there to eat.  And Jan and Mike will be coming down to visit sometime this weekend and we'll be going out to eat together, too.  I am SO happy that Mark is back to eating normally and we can hang out with friends the way we always have.  Love it!
 
Of course, NEXT weekend I think Jan and Mike are going to have to go up to her parent's place in Mississippi to help them move into an assisted living facility since her dad (in his mid-90's) is no longer able to get around well, and her mom is way too small to handle him.  
 
I'll tell you what - I sure hope we never have enough of a problem that we would have to move out of OUR house.  We both want to just stay here until we die. 
 
Well, no need to worry about that at the moment.  Let's just go eat!

2 comments:

Misfit said...

Have a great birthday!

Sharon said...

Thanks! It's been just a great day!