Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oops . . .

Didn't pull the truck in QUITE far enough yesterday, apparently.  When I hit the door opener this morning I heard a giant POP and as I watched the door go up in my rear-view mirror I saw something hanging down in my way even AFTER the door reached the top.  Hmm.  Turns out the strip on the bottom of the door got caught on the trailer hitch.  Sigh.  If it isn't one thing, it's something else.  So now if the wind is blowing (as it was today), that bottom strip drags along the top of the truck as I drive through.  NOT good.
Oh, well.  That's the least of my problems today.  John has been behaving badly since Jeanne retired.  He always has been a little "careful," in my opinion.  But now? . . . well let's just say I may very well be retiring before I hit 70 after all!  I was absolutely FURIOUS when I left today.  Never mind what all went on.  Let's just say he wants to change some of the things I've been dealing with for more than a decade because he says they're "dangerous to the firm."  What!!  That is SO ridiculous.  There has never been a single problem with that particular issue in all these years, but now he wants me to spend 10 times as long to do things differently "so the firm won't be damaged."  I don't HAVE that kind of time.  I am absolutely furious when something like that gets issued FOR NO GOOD REASON.
   
Oh well.  Hey . . .  I guess it's about time to remind myself to sit back down, go back to work, and repeat to myself as many times as necessary, "it all pays the same . . . it all pays the same . . . it all pays the same . . . . "
   
Joey is doing well with his "moved" room.  Now when it's time to eat, he actually runs over and gets in there instead of sitting down over in the corner where it USED to be.  Excellent!  He's not as much of a dummy as I thought originally.  That's a relief.
Got that giant crate when Joey had his knee surgery, to keep him from running. 
But it should be a FINE crate for whatever giant dog we get down the road.  ;-D
Okay.  Time for the news.  Gotta go hear about the what the weather is going to do.  Mark left for work Tuesday evening but is still staying in a motel down by the coast until the wind cuts back enough that a boat can take them all out to work without getting blown over!  Also have to find out if the weather will have improved enough by morning that I should let the horses back out after breakfast tomorrow, or if they'll have to continue to hang out in their paddocks until I get home tomorrow afternoon. 
   
But hey -- it looks like it's storming a lot worse up in Ohio than here at the moment - hope everyone up there is okay.  Haven't heard a word from Wendy in a month or more!
  
Saw a couple of Mastiffs up for adoption over in Walker (not far from here).  They are SO cute.  They grew up together so they have to be adopted together.  That probably wouldn't work for us.  Since all three of our current dogs are males, I think we'd do best adopting only females as long as the boys are all still alive. 
The male in front is "Diesel" who's laying there with "Dixie's" head on his back.   They're brother and sister who've been living together their whole 2 1/2 yeas in this world.  (They'll be 3 in December.)
Still . . . those two sure are cute, aren't they? 

No comments: