Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nice week so far --

I'll tell you what - I wasn't all THAT pleased with the idea that we were all moving our offices, but now that we're here I am really really pleased.  For starters, my own office is ENTIRELY private.  The only time I ever see anyone is when they are coming to see me specifically.  (Unlike having an office right next to the men's room, as I did for years!  Talk about a lot of "traffic" and loud conversations! . . .)

And John's office, next to mine, is directly beneath the air conditioning unit for the building and somehow or other that makes his office really warm instead of cool!  So he has gotten himself a giant and very LOUD fan that he has sitting in his doorway blowing cool air from the hall into his office.  So that means that not only is my office private, it's also possible for me to make phone calls, and even play videos without anyone down the hall being able to hear anything!  Lovely.  This is almost as good - hey, maybe BETTER - than working from home!

Got a BIT depressed last night, though.  Got an e-mail of some sort talking about when it's appropriate to claim social security income.  Not that I care -- I get mine already, but I'll be working a good while yet anyway.  But unfortunately, I DID read the thing until I got to the part that mentioned that the usual life expectancy is 78 to 80.  WHAT!!!!  I'm 68, almost 69 -- does that mean I'll only live another mere 10 years????  I'll tell you what, all the things that have happened over the last 10 years seem like yesterday to me!  And that's all I have coming up????  Yikes! 

On second thought, I think I'll concentrate hard on living "longer than expected" instead of thinking about that limited life expectancy a single moment longer!!

Hey -- I think I better get back to work before I get completely depressed all over AGAIN!

No comments: