Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeling better --

I am beginning to feel better finally - now if I just don't pass whatever-this-is back to Mark again we'll both be back in good shape.
 
And speaking of feeling better, I've just subscribed to two "supplements" on a monthly basis - at least until I see if they really do all the things it's said they do.   I have to say, I asked myself if I was being completely reasonable.  I remembered how my dad, as he aged, took more and more and more and MORE supplements of various sorts - none of which did a darned thing for him as far as I could tell.  When he was forced to leave his home and go to a rehab facility, we were amazed at the idea that he was taking enough stuff to cover the entire top of his dresser!  But for me, these items are a first so I HOPE I'm not being quite that unreasonable just yet!  ;-D
 
The first one I've ordered is OmegaXL (omega 3 fatty acid) tabs for joint pain.  I've only been taking those for a few days, but I find already that it no longer hurts to stand up from a sitting position at this point -- a major improvement, so I'm hoping the stuff will ultimately do almost as much good as they suggest it will.  But what made me decide to try it was an article about how it can help reduce memory problems (and I have some serious ones) resulting from eating too much sugar -- definitely something I WAS doing, that's for sure!  If it actually helps some with my memory, they'll never have to worry about me not taking it anymore! 
 
Then today I decided to try a second one after reading about it in the Parade magazine in today's Sunday paper.  That one is that SeroVital-hgh (amino acids that raise growth hormone levels).  The stuff is supposed to help "decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, strengthen bones and boost mood" (??).  That would have sounded unbelievable to me generally, but since Dr. Oz suggests that it does work, well  . . . yep - I ordered the stuff.    Of course I did a lot of Googling about it first, and I read that not only is weight loss a result (THAT's definitely a plus, given my present weight-loss project), but that people taking it just generally feel BETTER.  Gotta love THAT.  And I'll tell you what, I definitely AM going to have to feel a lot better if I decide to keep on buying the stuff, given the price!  But what the heck - it's worth a try, right? 
 
So "stay tuned."  I'll let you know if these things work.

No comments: