Thursday, January 24, 2013

A new-years goal . . . a bit late

I finally decided early last weekend to lose some weight -- not so that I would LOOK better, but so that I would no longer have to carry around 50 extra pounds of fat!!  Whew!  That's making me exhausted!  And it's killing my knees, too.

So I checked around online, looking for somewhere where I could record what I eat for free.  What I found was "SparkPeople" -- a free site that not only lets you save a record of your food, but provides you with all kinds of other stuff.  If you have any desire to lose weight, check it out.  I'm very impressed.
  
Today was the first day for me.  They recommend that you begin by doing 10 minutes of exercise a day.  Hey - that sounded like NO problem, so I decided to go ahead and do the 10 minute "Seated Cardio Workout" here at work since you do it all sitting down.   NOTE:  You have to have a password to see that video on their site, but it's also accessible on YouTube, so that's what it's linked to here.

Well, let me tell you . . . 10 minutes may not be all that long, but I only got through the first FIVE minutes -- and barely!  It doesn't LOOK all that difficult, but apparently I am WAY more out of shape than I imagined I was!   I'll give it another shot this evening at home, but I think it's going to take me while to be able to get all the way through that thing.  Gees!

On the plus side, though, they say that I will have lost my entire 55 lb goal by August if I eat only 1250 calories a day and exercise for just 10 minutes.  I hate to admit that I hope they're right just so that by August I can STOP doing this kind of exercise!   ;-D   Whew!

No comments: