Friday, November 2, 2012

Quiet weekend --

Well, at least I am going to have a nice quiet weekend.  But poor Mark left Lafayette after the funeral yesterday and went down to the dock to ride back out to the rig.  Well, he got there about 8 PM, the boat arrived at 1 AM, and . . . at 1 PM he is STILL sitting there on the boat waiting for it to haul him back out to the rig.  The captain doesn't want to go all that way just for him -- he's waiting until there are some supplies or something else he need to take out there.  Well, I guess if you look on the bright side, Mark did take several magazines with him and he has his e-mail available on his Droid.  Still . . . home WOULD have been a better spot, I would think.

Got a note from David saying he wouldn't be able to make it over today -- problems at his own house today.  But he has already installed the lights in the barn and that was the only thing I really REALLY wanted done right away.  Everything else can get done all in good time.

As for me, I'm going to try and find the guy who poured that giant patio in back, and then the concrete floor in the barn for us.  The hardware store recommended him to us, so I'm hoping they'll have his current contact info.

At the moment, I'd like to see about getting a cement walk poured from that ramp on our front porch over to the barn, and a couple of concrete squares about 4 X 6 outside each stall door.  We were going to try and put down grass grids all the way around the barn, but then a month or so ago, I got Bryan to lay down some plywood leftovers and put the rubber mats on top of those just in the really muddy areas.  That has worked out pretty well.  There are spaces between those mats, but the horses knew perfectly well that they needed to step OVER those spaces and not down into the mud.  So I'm thinking what the heck -- we might as well put down some concrete squares that they can use to walk into their stalls no matter HOW much water there is out there in their paddocks.  Besides, when it starts to flood, the mats will start to slide off the plywood and that would not be good.

Then I'm going to make another list of all the things we need to get done around our place and put the stuff in order of importance.  Then I'll get David to give us prices for each thing.  And THEN I'll put it back in a final order since the stuff that's going to be incredibly expensive will just have to wait.

Okay.  So much for my weekend plans. 
  
  
  
I'm not mentioning my "other" weekend plans -- I don't want Arthur to read my mind and decide to go hide. 

No comments: