Thursday, August 2, 2012

It just takes TIME . . .

David got those storage things removed from the bottom of our closet already, and he put new baseboards around the walls there (he is so good at fitting baseboards - look at that tiny little corner that lines up perfectly!) and he got them primed and painted now, too.  That tape comes up tomorrow so I'll be able to reorganize the closet this weekend.


And he got the front door hardware changed out and the door re-painted.  It's a little yellower than I planned - see the trim on the window on the far right? . . . I planned to paint the door match that trim - but it doesn't.  But it's okay, I guess.  Sure better than the old rose colored door anyway. 
Never mind those muddy boots.  (Now that the door is so pristine,
I guess I'll have to stop letting them sit out there.)

He got the material to repair the porch overhang that got blown off ages ago in that hurricane, too.  So maybe next year the birds won't build nests in there anymore!

Oh - and he replaced the broken glass in the garage window.

You can definitely tell which window was replaced -- it's the clean one!
Not sure what he plans to do next.  I know he asked one of the cabinet shops for a bid on the porch louvers but I don't know what the bid was yet, so . . . one thing at a time.

But tomorrow is Friday.  The next day Bryan will be back here to work on the barn - which is even MORE exciting to me!  Can't wait!

But on the negative side, Mark just sent me an e-mail that the company picnic is going to be October 13.  D----!  That horse clinic I'm going to with Arthur is - yep, you guessed it . . . October 13 and 14.  Crap.  This will be the second year in a row that I haven't been able to go to that picnic for one reason or another.  Mark will probably go, though, so he won't be attending the horse clinic until Sunday.  Darn!  I was hoping he would take pictures of Arthur and me AND of Jan and Mike on their horses.  On the other hand, maybe it's just as well -- we'll probably all be functioning better on the second day!

No comments: