Saturday, August 4, 2012

I'm back in business . . . so to speak

I've been absolutely exhausted for the last few days.  Couldn't figure out what the problem was.  Then yesterday I finally got time to run to the store and pick up some more soy milk.  Now I know that doesn't sound like it matters in the least.  But the fact is, every morning I mix a giant glass of soy milk (24 ozs. I think) with essentially 3 cups worth of French Roast CoolBrew condensed coffee to drink on my way to work.  Mmmmm.   That "iced coffee" stuff is SO good!  

So good that I don't really like "regular" coffee anymore, so I haven't been drinking any while I was out of soy milk - nothing since last Wednesday..


Well, I am apparently seriously addicted to caffeine, because since I've gotten back to drinking the stuff, I've felt perfectly fine.  In fact, I've been cleaning the house and arranging the closet and doing all kinds of things.  Whew!  What a relief to know I'm not just suddenly OLD!  (which was how I felt).  

So today, while Bryan worked on the barn again, I drove out to North Baton Rouge and drove around the area with all the brick and marble and granite businesses.  I stopped whenever I saw one and asked if they had any "leftover" something they could use to make me a window sill.  The first couple said $150.  The third, Jeremiah Stephenson at S&H Granite and Marble, said $75 and he had some really nice marble that I think will look really good with that formica we're going to use on the walls.  So I left him a cardboard pattern I made of the window sill and he said I could come pick it up next Saturday.  Excellent! 

When I got home again, Bryan had managed to put up the ceiling plywood on the both barn porches.  How the heck he managed to hold that plywood up there while he fastened it up is beyond me.  I can't even lift the stuff off the ground let alone hold it up over my head with one hand!  The guy is GOOD.  He'll be back tomorrow to finish up the interior of the stalls.  After that he'll be pressure washing the exterior and caulking around the windows and any small openings before painting the place.  I cannot WAIT to see it painted!   Pictures will follow!

No comments: