Sunday, August 12, 2012

It is HOT . . .

According to the weatherman, there was SUPPOSED to be a "cool front" arriving today.  Ha!  It's not only just as hot as it's been all month, but it's way more humid as well.  Totally miserable out there.

I went outside for five minutes to brush Boo (the floor was beginning to be covered with his hair) but I gave up and came back in waaay before I got him completely groomed.  Time to call a groomer, I guess.  He really needs to be tidied up before that maid comes on Thursday so we can appreciate how clean the place is for a FEW days anyway.

This is just one spot.  In truth, every square inch of the entire downstairs looked like this.

When Buddy and Lisa got here, they thought I had shaved Boo, but that was just some of what got brushed off of him in that couple minutes I managed to spend outside.  There's a pretty good breeze out there, so this isn't all the hair I brushed off.  But you can certainly see that he is shedding a LOT.  I think leaving him outside for an hour or so in this heat the other day may have set him off shedding big time again.

Talk about disgusting!  This is the vacuum cleaner container after just HALF the living room got swept up! 

Okay, okay -- maybe I DO need to vacuum a BIT more often. 

And our future dogs? . . . hmmm . . . Rottweiler, maybe  . . . Doberman?   Another Weimaraner? 

Not sure, but NO  MORE  LONG  HAIR !!!!!  (Much as we love Boo.)

With both Buddy and Bryan here at the same time today, they got the cabinet for the main bathroom moved upstairs, and the two non-flat screen TVs moved down.  So then I was able to move the cabinet that WAS in the main bath over to the bath off the french door bedroom, and the dresser that was in the bedroom off the main bath over to the french door room, as well.  Next I want to move the love seat that's in the library now into the big guest room, and the twin bed that's in the the guest room along with a king size bed out into the library.  Although the library is certainly not private (you have to walk through there to get to any of the upstairs rooms), it will make a fine spot for anyone's kids who come with them to visit.

Once I get all the furniture where it needs to go, I think I'll clear out all those drawers.  I looked in the drawers in that dresser I was moving to see if I could find the remotes that went with those two TVs that were being moved out, and I found all kinds of belt holsters and shoulder holsters and ammunition that we haven't seen in ages!  (Remember when I lost one of my guns a couple years ago,  and it eventually turned up in the top drawer of the desk in the living room where I had put it to get it out of sight for some reason -- and then forgotten about it?)  Hmm.  Come to think of it, it might just be interesting to see just what all there IS in all those drawers we haven't been using! 

No comments: