Thursday, August 9, 2012

I am NOT happy --

I've been so impressed with all David's work until now.  But when I got home today he had glued the formica up on that window alcove in the bedroom - which would have been a good thing - except that it looked REALLY bad.  The front corner that's the first thing you see when you walk into the room is full of chips!   Look at this--


I could not believe it.  Even I know that when you cut formica, you have to put tape on the front and cut it from the back to keep it from chipping.  And what's even worse, is that there are a number of large pieces left over out on the front porch - none of which have chipped edges!  So why the heck would he have chosen to glue that chipped piece on there?

 
AND he put the chair rail on without priming and painting it first.  Why????   I bought the paint I wanted him to use on there a week or more ago and it was sitting right there!
AND he didn't smooth out the sheetrock above the formica before putting chair rail on there either. So now it's going to be ten times more difficult to get that to look right.


AND look there by the window -- he ran that chair rail around the back corner all the way over to the edge of the window -- without putting the trim piece back on the side of the window! 

 
I have NOT sent him any furious e-mails tonight.  I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see if I'm still as pissed off then as I am now.  

No comments: