Thursday, August 11, 2016

The weather here in Louisiana is NOT good! . . .

I'll tell you what - I'm SO glad I'm retired these days because I sure would have been unhappy about being unable to drive downtown daily for a number of reasons.  First of all - my truck is STILL being fixed since it was hit about a MONTH ago!  They originally said it would take just a week and a half or so to get it fixed.  But hey -- obviously THAT didn't work out at all!  They're STILL working on it.  They told our insurance outfit early last week that it would be ready to pick up last Friday so the insurance people told us we had to return that rented car I was using last week.   But as it turned out, the truck repair folks actually did NOT get it done by last Friday.  That day they said it probably would be this last Tuesday.  But then that day they said it would probably be THIS Friday.  Ha!  I guess we'll just see tomorrow if it's done by then or not.  Who knows -- they might end up saying even longer.  And for that matter, if it's storming here tomorrow I don't think I'll need to go get it anyway!

I'll tell you what -- the fact that it's been raining almost EVERY day over the last month or more has been quite an issue.  But now it's not just raining, it's STORMING like crazy around here!



Well, I also got this one Friday morning - and it also indicates storms are going to be happening ALL week!

And in this note (the one I got in my e-mail), it also indicates that it's going to continue to be storming at least until next week. Sigh.
Anyway, since both Mark and I are retired we're both glad we don't have to go out regularly when it's storming.  So now we just hang out here at home together.  We sure aren't happy with the weather currently, but we ARE happy to be home here together while it's happening anyway.

No comments: