Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Always SOMETHING! . . .

We've had such a good time over the last month or two .  But all of a sudden things are not going well! 

We planned to have a tax service do our income tax this year instead of doing it ourselves as we always have, since we have SO many things we haven't had previously. First of all, we both have been retired.  No idea how to indicate that. And even more seriously, we need to request a rebate for the solar we had installed back in June.  The total cost was $25,000 (good grief !!), but they indicated that if we have it installed before the beginning of July, both the state and the U.S. tax outfits will provide tremendous rebates and we would end up having to pay only about $5,000, not $25,000 ($7,500 from the state, and $12,500 from the U.S.).  So we went ahead and got the solars installed and it's been quite helpful.  Our electric bills have been more than $100 a month less through the winter.  It will probably be even more reduction once the sun comes out all the time as usual (but it hasn't been lately).  

But since we haven't gotten our W2's from our businesses since we've been been retired, we can't get anyone to file our income tax yet.  NOT good!

And then yesterday, one of my tooth crowns came off and since we've been retired I haven't had any insurance for dental care!  Good grief!  So I'm about to see if I can get it redone at LSU Dental School for a lot less money.  (I hope!) But since yesterday was a day off for virtually everyone, I haven't been able to reach either LSU or a somewhat cheaper dental facility according to a note online.  So I hope by tomorrow I'll be able to find out if I can get it done for a reasonable cost SOMEWHERE!  (If not, I guess I'll have to figure out how to set up a dental insurance thing somehow or other.)

Oh -- and since Mark had a problem getting past that big living room coffee table we decided to order another one that's MUCH narrower -- it's only 22" wide, as opposed to the 34" wide current one.  And it's only 40" long while that old one is 52" - that's also better.  It's supposed to arrive next week and we're really looking forward to that.  It has a nice granite top that'll be much easier to keep clean than the one we have now.

So here's the new one . . .

And here's the one we'll be getting rid of.
(Anyone want this one?  Let us know.)
Okay.  So I'm done complaining at the moment.  Let's hope all those things get taken care of eventually.  

Looking forward to spring.  I think everything will be just fine by then . . . somehow.  ;-D

No comments: