Sunday, November 15, 2015

Not much happening currently --

It's sad how seldom I've been entering things into this blog since I've gotten retired!  You'd THINK I'd have a lot more time to write these days . . . but as it turns out, since I'm retired I spend all my time doing lots of other things.  And we have SO much to do here at the house currently.    

But when I get upstairs to the office where I can deal with the blog here on the computer I feel like I should go out there in the library first and get on with clearing out all those bookcases. I sure wish I knew who might want any of our books.  I don't want to throw them out, and I don't want to bother selling them.  I just wish there were someone I could just hand them over to!  Mark bought a dozen or so big boxes and we have almost all of those completely filled up.  But we just haven't figured out what the heck to DO with those hundreds of books!  

Unfortunately, it IS still a mess there in that library, and we plan to have lots of visitors staying with us at Christmas so we really need to get things cleared up there by then for sure since all the visitor bedrooms open off that library upstairs!   So once half of those books (at least) have been removed, I'm planning to put pictures and things on those bookshelves so things will look nicer up there.

But once I spend some time removing books for a while  -- sticking those we don't want to re-read into those boxes, etc. -- I usually just sit down on our nice new sofa, and relax back and do absolutely NOTHING for a while including not adding to this blog!  Sigh.  

Okay - so much about the books (let me know if you want any!).  

About Arthur . . . he has had those new boots on his front feet now for almost a month and he hasn't made any attempt at removing them!  Wonderful!  Zoilo will be by next Friday to trim all the horses' feet so Arthur will finally get his boots off for the first time since the vet put them on way back then.  I hope there's nothing inside, but we'll be finding out whether anything -- water or mud or whatever -- managed to get in there when Zoilo takes them off long enough to cut back his hooves.  (And when he's done, they're going right back on.)   

Unfortunately, we didn't get tickets to the play my previous boss AND his dogs are in ending this weekend.  Darn!  I hope someone took some pictures.  I'd love to see how they did in that one.  They were so great in the last couple plays we did go see.  It's amazing how well John trains those wonderful Golden Retriever dogs of his.  (Wish we were that good with Gigi  . . . but I'm sure not!)  

Okay - now it's time for me to go deal with those bookcases again.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gave a lot of my books to the local library. When I worked at a bookstore, we gave them to nursing homes and the jail.