Monday, June 1, 2015

FINALLY!! The rain is ending!

It's been raining here about every single day over the last couple months -- it's been pretty awful!   Although I have to admit it hasn't been as horrible as it's been over in Texas, but still . . .  at least now it's about to become "normal" days and we are really excited!   And on the plus side, because of all that rain (El Nino) that has occurred we're supposed to have less possibility of major hurricanes this year -- we sure hope so!  But today is just the first day of hurricane season so we'll sure eventually find out.


But anyway, we can finally get more done around the house - we hope. We need to get the storage building out in back fixed up and the front porch sanded and re-painted -- and those new walls out there on the porch painted as well.  AND Mark is planning to put in that concrete out there at the barn where we plan to bathe the horses, too.  He's been hoping to get that done for more than a month now.  We sure have lots of things to get done!  

And I sure hope everything is going to get done soon because I think I'm going to be retiring at the end of June so there goes the rest of our incomes except for Social Security . . . assuming Sheri will feel like taking over entirely on her own by then.  But I think she will.  

Okay - back to work.  (I actually DO still have to work at the moment!)  But hey -- doing whatever I want whenever I want is coming soon!  Yeaaaaa!

No comments: