Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Suddenly less than perfect period of time . . .

We've been really happy to have the house paid off and enough Social Security to function normally from now on.   And the weather has been just wonderful, too - early spring! All our bushes -- azaleas and that tree that blooms before the leaves come out (I forget its name) and the knock out roses were all blooming.  But now that it's down to freezing again I wonder if those plants are going to have to start all over again weeks from now?  Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I sure hope when March begins that it actually will become spring to stay!  We are definitely ready!

But suddenly this week we're back to serious winter.  Eeek!   It hasn't come all the way down to our house yet, but it's actually snowing up in North Louisiana!  And worse yet, icy rain is coming down in some places, as well!  Good grief! Down here we don't have salt that can be put out on icy roads for that. What happens here is that the roads just get closed off until the ice melts.  NOT a good thing.

And in addition to all that, Mark has a terrible cold or something -- whatever it is makes him cough and spit continually.  Poor guy!  And as for me, my back is hurting me AGAIN.  After months without that hurting, I get to a point where I think I'm never going to have that problem anymore. Then I wake up and . . . uh-oh!  Can't stand up straight!  Then I have to take plenty of pills and stay laying down for several days before I can function yet again without having back injections done again.  Actually, this time I think it may have been caused by my Neurologist visit last week.  He had me walk on my heels and on my toes and put one foot directly in front of the other, etc.  It didn't feel bad at the time, but my back began hurting again very shortly thereafter.  I guess I'll say, "uh . . . no" the next time they tell me to do that!  Don't understand any reason for it anyway. Besides, I CAN lift heavy things like water buckets and big pieces of hay bales so I guess hurting my back just had to do with a muscle pulling at my back or something.  Well -- who knows.  I'm not going to have any more visits to that outfit unless the prescription they gave me for my memory gives me more problems so I hope that isn't going to be an issue anytime soon.

Oh -- and that guy who lives behind us and who rents out all that space back there for mobile homes is suing us because we didn't remove a tree that fell off the edge of OUR property onto one of his storage buildings . . . back in 2008 during the hurricane!  Good grief!  But our insurance company has told us that they cover removal of trees that fall onto OUR property from the neighbor's property, but they would NOT cover trees that fall from our property onto someone else's. So that guy's insurance should have paid for that, not us.  So I hope the court knows how that works.  Oh - and the fact that it happened WAY more than 2 years back also means he can't sue us either according to the attorneys I talked with. They said two years is the limit on requesting a neighbor to deal with things.  But we're being sued in the local St. Gabriel court -- I hope THEY know how that's supposed to work! Sigh.

Well, you don't really adore life unless something less than great happens along the way so you can appreciate the goodness, so hey . . . come spring we're going to be ecstatically happy!



I hope!


No comments: