Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Feeling pretty darned good! . . .

Hey - I seem to be feeling more like my old (ahem . . . "younger") self all of a sudden!  Monday night I cut off all those tie wraps that were holding together Gigi's giant crate, folded it down and hauled it inside and set it up in the master bedroom along with Joey's giant crate instead of out on the back porch.  (Joey's not all that big, but he got his giant crate after he had those hip and knee surgeries so he could move around in there while he was wearing that big e-collar for several weeks.)  Now I can bring Gigi inside to eat, and she'll also be able to sleep inside when it gets down to freezing outside.  That way I won't have to worry about her eating all the bedroom furniture and window trim -- like Joey did when HE was young -- while I'm asleep and she's loose in the bedroom! 

That rose colored one is Gigi's crate, while the black one is Joey's.
Hers is definitely a bit in the way of the closet door there on the right. 

Because Gigi's Rose colored crate sticks out a bit in front of both the door to my bathroom and
the door to our closet, I think I'll move the furniture in the bedroom around, too -- but not just yet. 
At least Mark's bathroom door (there on the left) is still completely accessible anyway.
 
So yesterday when I got home from work around 2, I moved the recliner chair that used to sit in that corner where Gigi's crate is now out of the master bedroom and into the living room since there wasn't room for it in the bedroom after that huge crate got moved in there -- and moving that chair out through that bedroom door was NOT easy!  Then once it was out in the living room I went to work trying to figure out where the heck I could put it out there!  I ended up moving around all the living room furniture. 


That light colored recliner is the one that used to be in the bedroom.
(You can see in this picture that there actually IS room for 8 people to sit down together now.)
But now we BOTH have recliners in the living room.  That's good anyway.


I enjoy the fact that although the room isn't all that large,
there's plenty of places for 8 people to sit down together now.
(Plus a chaise lounge back there behind the sofa by the fireplace.)
Moving all that stuff was pretty darned difficult, but I actually did enjoy it!  Moving furniture around all over the house was something I used to do ALL the time -- but not in THIS house.  I always enjoyed revising the furniture arrangement and always did that several times a year back in "the day" . . . but not since we've been living here.  I had back and shoulder problems to the point where I really couldn't move anything for several years!  And paying someone else to do it . . . well, that just isn't that much fun!  I like to see how things look in one place, then move them around again until I'm finally happy about how they're arranged.  People who are moving them FOR me are NOT happy about moving things more than once!  So today I AM happy!  Although our living room is fairly narrow with those stairs to the 2nd floor going up all the way along one side of the room, I still managed to get things arranged so that 8 people can comfortably hang out in there now.  And given the fact that our 6-foot diameter round dining room table also fits 8 people, then we can have plenty of company now!  Excellent!
 
So now I have to get busy the rest of the week and straighten up the kitchen/dining room.  There's all sorts of clean clothes and sheets and towels out of the drier piled on the island, and I bought a bunch of dog food last weekend that's also sitting on the island instead of having been put away in the cabinet.  It is definitely time to tidy things up out there!  Since there's just one more weekend before Mark will be coming home, it better get tidied up by then!   But I have to admit, it IS nice to be able to sit down and enjoy myself in that newly-arranged living room and not see the mess in the kitchen!   ;-D
 
Let's just hope Mark doesn't hate the way the furniture is arranged now.  I did like moving it around, but I have to admit I'm too tired at this point to move it again just yet!
 
You know, I'm really pleased that my back and shoulder aren't keeping me from doing anything anymore.  Now if I can just get the same result to my brain . . .  it sure would be great to suddenly get my full memory back. 

Well, we'll see.  I'm scheduled to get an MRI this weekend.  Let's hope they see some cause of memory problems that they can deal with and improve.  I hope, I hope, I hope . . .

Okay - time to feed the horses . . .

No comments: