Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back to "normal" . . .

Vickie got over to the hospital and picked up Mark before I could get there so I got to go straight home and there everyone was -- just as they normally would have been if all this hadn't happened!  Love it! 
 
And Mark is doing even better than I thought he would.   He's able to walk around and do whatever he likes again already - not something I expected, given the fact that he hadn't been able to walk around all this time in the hospital!   
 
So today he's going to get on the phone and get Hercules to understand that the morphine in that blood test they took while he was down in the Lady of the Sea ER was due to that hospital's pain meds and NOT something he would have taken himself!  Good grief!  They take unscheduled blood tests on all their employees regularly and he has never had any problem whatsoever in any of those.  You'd think after 30+ years that they would understand that he absolutely ISN'T a drug addict!! 
 
He got in there to that ER at about 6 AM that day, and the company didn't take that blood test until after 11, so they should certainly have understood that the ER had given him all kinds of things by then.  Well, I guess he'll make sure they figure that out.  He DOES think, too, that he'll be going back to work next week on Wednesday, his regular work day.  I'll tell you what, if that were me I would be using this as an excuse to take some time off.  But not Mark.  Oh, no.  He's just waaaaay too concerned about what happens on that rig.  Oh well.  Just one more year 'til retirement.  I guess I better just hang in there and not complain, huh?

No comments: