Thursday, July 17, 2014

Let's hope it helps . . .

At the paralegal meeting Tuesday, Gina, a paralegal at McGlinchey Stafford who was sitting next to me, happened to mention that a good friend of hers trains dogs - either in classes or individually.  Hey, great info!  So after hearing about that woman, I had to wonder if maybe she could actually deal with Gigi!
 
Gina gave me her number (Denise Landon at "Diamond in the 'Ruff' Dog Obedience Training") and I gave her a call as soon as I got back to the office.  She called me back yesterday and we set up an appointment for her to come over to our house and begin work with Gigi next Thursday afternoon.  Let's hope she's good with ALL dogs because Gigi is probably one of the worst!  I've had multiple dogs all my adult life for the last 50 years and I've never had much of a problem with any of them.  But Gigi? . . . yikes!  She is just AWFUL!  I can't even take her picture anymore because there is no way to get her to sit -- or stand -- or lay still long enough to take one!  In fact, if I am on her side of a fence, she would be jumping up on me and trying to grab the camera.  Jan suggested I spray her with vinegar when she does that, but although she gets down when she's sprayed, the very moment the spray stops she jumps right back up on me!  I can't spray her continually forever so that doesn't actually work.  Sigh.  And given the fact that she weighs a LOT at this point, I just can't deal with having her jump on me.  She actually knocks me down!  So I seriously hope to heaven that Denise will be able to get her to behave normally -- and will show me how to handle her as well.  I'm pretty sure she will - here is the listing of "problem behaviors" on her web site that she handles:

(This might as well be a list of Gigi behaviors!)
 
And of course, like everyone in the world these days, Denise is on Facebook -- lots of nice pics, and some are hilarious -- check out that video of dogs waking up their owners.   TOO funny.  (Maybe Gigi ISN'T the world's worst dog.  ;-D  )


I sure hope it's dry by next Thursday!  It would probably be a lot easier to deal with Gigi in the yard than on the porch.  But the weather forecast is indicating rain or storms EVERY day until at least next Wednesday.  Well -- let's hope it ends by then.
 
The storms are scheduled to get WORSE by Wednesday, not better --
but I still hope it actually stops before Denise comes over on Thursday.
"Fingers crossed."


No comments: