Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Life goes on . . .

Saw a note from Savannah on Facebook saying it was her second night in the hospital and that she was feeling better.   What!  So I e-mailed her mom to ask what the heck was going on.  It turns out she had suddenly become a Type 1 diabetic (!) and had been sent immediately to ICU when they checked her blood!  Good grief!  She had developed Stills when Lisa was working down here with us, and that's why they moved up to MN -- so Lisa could work at Mayo Clinic and they would have access to Mayo for Savannah.   Guess it's a darned good thing she made that decision!  That's definitely a woman whose life revolves completely around her child.  And it's a darned good thing it does!  Savannah is a very lucky girl.

And then there's "our" Lisa.  Buddy called last night to tell us that Lisa has been scheduled for surgery next Wednesday.  I know that's a good thing, but I'm sure she's not looking forward to it.  Who would?!   But I hope as a result it'll be a fine spring for her this year at last.

All things considered, I guess my arm/shoulder issue is no big deal, huh?  In fact, I think maybe my mind is the bigger issue.

My phone wouldn't take pictures, so I ordered another one just like it (it's a DROID X and I love the thing).  Got Verizon to switch my account over to the new one the weekend before last, then promptly lost the darned thing! I looked and looked for it until I was sure the battery had drained, then I gave up and went back last weekend to Verizon to switch the account back to the old one. And then (yep, you guessed it) I immediately FOUND the new one on my way home!  I stopped for gas and there it was -- stuck at the back of the driver's seat.  All those searches in the truck, and I never saw it there!   I looked under the seat and between the seats, but obviously not IN the seat.  Sigh.  Haven't had the nerve to go back and get them to switch back over to the new one AGAIN yet, though!

Although, I have to say, when I do they'll probably just look at each other and roll their eyes and talk about how weird all those "old ladies" are after I leave since every last one of those workers is young enough to easily be my grandchild!

No comments: