Thursday, January 31, 2013

Things are looking up --

Just got a call from Mark -- they will FINALLY be getting off the rig around noon or so today . . . only a day and a half later than originally scheduled.  Well, at least he WILL come home today.

Oh - and I also got a visit from our administrative partner this morning.  Our entire patent group is going to be moved out of our current offices and over to the south building (the one facing Florida), over near the receptionist.  I will then be in an office on the OUTSIDE of the building -- with an outside view!  Yikes!  Not sure HOW I feel about that.  It should be an upgrade, I'm sure, but it always feels really safe to be on the inside of the building no matter what the heck is going on outside.  But - maybe it will be cheerier.  We'll see.   As long as my office has a door that I can close, I'm happy. Things in life, large and small, just keep on changing.

When Mark called a little while ago, he DID sound a bit better.  At least he managed to talk for a minute or two WITHOUT coughing -- a first this week.  I just hope he gets completely better by the weekend.  

Taken from Mark's phone as they reached the port.  FINALLY!

 
I really REALLY want to go over and meet Jan and Mike's new horse "Bubba" this weekend.  ;-D  They brought Bubba home on Tuesday, and Jan said he passed the vet exam with "flying colors" and that now that he's home, "they like him, their horses like him, and all is well."   She also told me that he’s already calming down their other "silly horses" . . . "just a little guy with very nice energy – nobody feels challenged by him, they just all seem to like him – he’s a good looking little bulldog old style QH – 14:3 and about a mile wide." 

I can't WAIT to go meet him.  He sounds like a real sweetheart AND he looks a LOT like our Duke!!


Bubba



Duke!
Given that Duke is a MFT, I guess they can't really be related, but they SURE look like they could be!



Jan definitely look comfy on Bubba -- a fine thing for a strange horse!

No comments: