Friday, September 21, 2012

Relief!

Last week I ordered eight outdoor curtain panels from Lowes that were on sale for next to nothing.  I hadn't heard from them, so I called them tonight to see when I could come pick them up and I ended up on the phone for over an hour!  Good grief!  They finally informed me that they had only 3 panels, not 8, and we hung up.  But then five minutes ago that same lady called back to say they DID have them -- they had pulled all eight of them off the shelves the day I ordered them and stuck them behind the service desk.  Now one would think that they would put orders in a single "order place," wouldn't you?  but hey . . . I don't care WHERE they put them since they finally managed to locate them and let me know!  (Hope they still know where they are in the morning when I get there to pick them up!) 
But now tomorrow after I pick them up, I'm going to have to convince the Vietnamese  sewing lady who hems all the slacks I ever buy that she should hem those panels for me, even though that isn't something she generally will do.  But all the panels they had were 108" long -- while the porch walls are only 92" high at that outside edge.  They definitely need hemmed, that's for sure!  Well, we'll see.  (I hope!)   
David has finished putting that second coat of urethane topper on the porch floor, but unfortunately we forgot to ask him how long we have to wait before we can walk on it, so I guess we'll be going in and out from the garage and walking AROUND the house to get to the barn until Monday.  Sigh. 
He's also gotten the outside floor of the back screened porch painted now, as well.  That is, the foot or so that the wood sticks out beyond the screened wall.  I told him we plan to wait until we don't have any cats out there before repainting it on the inside. 
Next week he will be working on the front porch posts.  Oh - and the hay storage building . . . he said he could paint that on Wednesday - the day after they put it up.  Great -- no chance for it to get dirty before getting painted.  A fine thing.  That'll also give me a chance to see what the dark color trim looks like on there BEFORE repainting the front door that color.  I'm darned sure he isn't going to want to paint the front door yet again after a second time, so it's good I'll get to check out that color SOMEWHERE else first.    ;-D
Sure hope Bryan manages to get here early tomorrow.  Mark has so much he needs to do this weekend before heading back to work Tuesday evening.  It'll be really bad if he doesn't make it over this weekend.  (Last week he had trouble with his truck and he didn't make it over until Sunday.  Got my fingers crossed tonight.)

No comments: