Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday, Monday

Sure woke up in a hurry this morning!  I'm usually less than alert until I have my coffee -- but not this morning!  Got up to let the dogs out (those darned boys get up at 5:30 or 6 AM no matter what and prance around whining and telling me I'll have to clean up the floor if I don't jump up this minute and let them out).  So anyway, as I walked out onto the porch to let them out this morning, there was Duke pulling bits of hay out of the gravel outside his stall!   Good grief!  That's why we cleared all that gravel out of the stalls over the weekend -- so he wouldn't accidentally bite down on a stone and break a tooth or even accidentally swallow one!   What the heck!!

So I ran over to the barn in my robe (WIDE awake now) and stuck another half a bale in there for him until Mark could get them fed and turned out this morning!  Granted, he had run out of hay, so I guess it was a natural progression as far as he was concerned to go check around outside.  But that's taught US a lesson -- keep LOTS of hay in there for him at all times - and hope that gravel gets stomped into the dirt SOON! 

And then I got to spend 10 more minutes out there in the cold getting all all that hay off my velour robe before I could go back inside.  Brrrrr!

On the plus side, I talked to Wendy this weekend and she says they're going to be allowed to take vacation before the first of the year after all, so she's planning to come down for Christmas.  Hooray!  (I tried hard to talk her into bringing her boyfriend along, but I don't think she's convinced.  Too bad - I'd sure like to meet him!)

Well, I'm back at work now, and Mark is out driving around looking for new tires.  We're back to routine life for a while again  -- until the long Christmas weekend anyway.  No vacation time left until after the first of the year so - no choice.  But it's sure better this year than it was last winter since we never have to drive over to Al's to deal with the horses anymore.   Love it!   (If only Bug were here.)

No comments: