Friday, August 12, 2011

"The barn"

I used to spend years drawing house plans.  Then after we bought this house -- once I knew  we would NOT be building any more houses, drawing house plans was no longer all that entertaining. 

 
But THEN . . . 

then came the barn.  For the past couple  years I've been entertaining myself doing barn plans.  (What I'm going to "plan" once the barn is done, I don't know.)  Anyway, for the moment, I AM still enjoying drawing up barn plans.  Here's a recent one:

Later I think I'll post a drawing of how the place will look from the outside once everything is done and the landscaping is in place. 

You know, I look at houses on LandandFarm.com all the time -- just to see what's out there and for how much.  The ones I see that really appeal to me are those house/barn combinations.  I really like the idea of living literally on top of your horses!  I guess this barn will be a way of fulfilling that desire on my part.  I'll be able to put a lot of my "stuff" out there in the heated/air conditioned front room.  Then I'll be able to play on my computer or clean tack or whatever in the company of the horses which will give Mark a chance to watch the History Channel without any harrassment from me!  (Although it's just as likely he will join me in the barn - he likes hanging with the horses, too!)  Either way -- a fine thing!

No comments: