Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday . . . continued

Well I did drive down to Sacs and picked up a 46" cinch that will work with the Y-rigged saddle, and while I was there got Boo his food, but on my way over to pick up horse feed and some rawhide chews for Boo, I saw signs for a gun show.  Went by there and ended up wandering around that place until it was time to feed the horses!  So Boo is out of luck on the rawhides for today.  While I was there at the gun show, I did buy myself another gun, though not one of the ones I really wanted. Instead I picked up a Ruger P95 9mm.  It's no smaller than my S&W (both shown below) so I still want to pick up a smaller Para Carry or Hawg or a Kahr K9 eventually.  But this one was much less expensive, so . . . fine for the moment.
At the gun show, it was actually only about $50-$75 less than I could have bought it for online and the tax made it slightly higher, but it did come with that rubber grip with finger holds that I like a lot (I won't feel the need to have custom grips put on), and with two 15-round magazines, which would have added significantly to the price online so still a pretty good deal, all things considered.  Now Mark and I need to go over to the shooting range next week so I can be sure I understand how it might be functionally different.

======================

Talked to Torri this evening and she will be available to "pet sit" all our dogs, cats and horses when we drive up to Michigan and Ohio in a few months.  That's a huge relief!  It's not easy to find someone who can deal with dogs AND horses.
======================

Started doing our taxes earlier this evening.  Whew!  I'm finding it VERY challenging this year, given that I am retirement age but still working.  It's confusing the heck out of me.  But I guess I'll just continue one question at a time through the online tax forms and see how it all comes out in the end.

No comments: