Monday, November 1, 2010

It was a dark and stormy night . . .

and I LOVE it!   It's storming so heavily that the house actually shakes from the thunder from time to time. 

But the horses are all in their stalls over at the barn, probably napping by now.  When I got over to the barn to feed this evening, ALL the horses (mine and everyone else's) were lined up at the gate looking at me like, "Well, it's about d___ time you got here!"  Brought ours in, fed them, and filled their hay bins and dumped some extra hay on their floors.  Left Al a note to leave them all in tomorrow as well (it's supposed to continue to storm until Wednesday morning), came home and made myself a lovely Portobella mushroom and spinach pizza that Mark would hate if he were home.  So now I am about to climb into bed and watch our new bedroom TV for a few minutes before going to sleep.  All the dogs are curled up sleeping quietly in their nice cozy beds-of-choice because we actually don't have a single one who's terrified of thunder any more!  (I miss you, Maxie -- but not THAT part of you!)   It's WONDERFUL!

No comments: