Monday, September 12, 2016

Interesting period of time down here . . .

Well, some things are a problem now.  

My back is in bad shape again currently.  After years of feeling great after the surgical injections I had done previously I've suddenly felt pretty bad over the last week or two.  I'll be going back to that surgeon to see about it, but it's not until next month unfortunately.  

And since I don't feel like cleaning things up that much at the moment, our home isn't all that tidy.  For one thing, it's FULL of things we've ordered after all those problems this last month. We got a dozen of Wasp & Hornet spray, and Flying Insect Killer spray, and even three gallons of the 12-month control Home Defense Insect Killer.  

We needed those things to spray out all those bugs on the front porch.  There were LOTS of them out there once the water came up almost to the porch last month. Apparently all those bugs in the water decided to come up onto the porch -- and they would jump up onto us when we went out across the porch to the barn!  Not good.  So I sprayed both the Flying Insect Killer, and the Wasp and Hornet Killer along the entire edges of the porch. Then I sprayed that gallon-size 12-month insect killer stuff EVERYWHERE on the porch. I even sprayed it on the bottom of all the furniture out there as well. But I'll tell you what - when we go out there now we see NO bugs any longer.  Thank goodness! 




Then we've also gotten more dog things.  When Gigi came back home I decided to put a crate in the living room instead of adding a second one into the bedroom as it was before she left.  Since I've put all those computer things in the bedroom - moved down from the office where it used to be upstairs - there wasn't room for a second huge crate in there anymore.  So now when Gigi comes inside for the night, she sleeps out there in the living room.  No problem.








Gigi's crate is sitting there in the living room at the moment because I can open her gate there on the right and it goes all the way over to that bookcase so she can't get on into the living room -- just into her crate when I open that back door. That's necessary because she tends to chew on all kinds of things like the chairs and tables etc. and they'll be a mess so she's not allowed in there! 

Then I also got Joey a new bed for inside his crate, as well.  And as that turned out, he LOVES sleeping in there now!  





Well, anyway besides my back pain, things are going well currently anyway.  But late this week there's supposed to be 2 feet of rain each of three days.  THAT's not good!  I don't think that means it's going to have water coming up again, but let's home not!  On TV yesterday they indicated that there has been 74.69 feet of water this year and that meant it was the MOST ever.  

For a while there in earlier August they used to say it was raining almost as much as back in 1890-something.  But now it's been more this year than EVER before.  Sure hope that's not something that's going on and on.  Instead I hope it ends eventually and is NOT going to happen again the rest of our lives!   Let's hope so anyway!

No comments: