Saturday, March 21, 2015

Looking forward to the weekend --

One of the guys who worked for Mark out on the rig came over from Mississippi to visit yesterday.  Actually, he had to go to Lafayette to get set up for a new job down off the coast of Australia, so he came by with his fiance on their way back home to Mississippi.  Anyway, because we were getting company, I took off yesterday and cleaned up the house that I wasn't planning to clean until the weekend.  So now that it's clean and it doesn't smell bad anymore, I won't have to deal with anything over the weekend! . . . looking forward to it! 





The only problem now is Gigi.  She's still in heat and is bleeding all over the floor and inside her crate every time she comes into the house.  So I'm continually having to clean that up, and I'm going to have to do some MAJOR cleaning out on her screened porch where she hangs out outside all the time, as well.  But I'm waiting to do that once she's out of heat.  I was getting worried since that bleeding has been going on for more than a week so I called LSU, but the doctors there said a week or 10 days is standard.  News to me because I always had female dogs spayed as soon as I got them -- no matter how young they were.  But in  Gigi's case, I learned that for a Cane Corso (or any really really large dog) it's better to hold off on their spay until they make 18 months.  So she's going to get spayed in June and thankfully this WILL be the last time I'm going to have to deal with all that blood! 

No comments: