Monday, October 13, 2014

Another fun weekend --

Had another great weekend!  For starters, Mark got new batteries for his golf cart so now he can (finally) ride around in that thing and NOT on his lawn mower!  MUCH better.  And he had someone come by and drop off 5 truckloads of sand for the paddocks.  He's planning to level out the muddy spaces, then rent a machine and spread out all that sand.  I HOPE that stuff will make it possible for the horses to run around in their paddocks without getting mud all over their feet and legs when it rains a lot! Yuk!
 
Then on Sunday, Juliette and Vernon had a gathering over at their place in the Garden District in mid-Baton Rouge.  Loved their house!  It's originally a very very old house.  It has ceilings at least 15 feet high with lots of stained glass windows and fascinating furnishings. 

That entire area of the building to the right of the porch is that giant dining room!

And in their dining room (they had added that room onto the house, actually) they have a table that held 14 people.  I was amazed, but then Juliette showed me THREE MORE table extensions!  Wow!  They could have easily fed 20-some people in there.  Amazing!
 
Oh, and while we were hanging out prior to dinner, Mark got to try out Vernon's inversion table that helps resolve back pain.  I definitely want to get one for us -- we can BOTH use it.  (I definitely think it would be helpful to me as well - although I really didn't feel like laying upside down over at their house to try it out!)  Vernon said that he just gets on there for only 2 minutes each morning and evening and it  makes a huge difference for him.  Wow!  I sure would like to have something that does that good a job in such an incredibly short time!
 
 
 
Their yard is just about as unique as their house, but it rained occasionally yesterday so we didn't spend any time outside then.  Still, it really was lovely.  Wish I had taken pictures of that.  Well, I did take a picture of this clock I saw.  That cracked me up and I had my purse (with my camera in it) in my hand at the time so . . .
 
Love that.  Can't wait to be able to think like that for the rest of my life!
 
And while I was in that room, I also took these pictures/paintings of horses she has -- or had:



Juliette painted this one herself - that sign says "Every barn needs a little paint" . . .
and there is her paint horse.  ;-D


 
Well, one really good thing about that visit . . . it's gotten me anxious to tidy up OUR house so we'll be able to have some folks over, too, one weekend.  (That might be fun to do when Wendy and Gerard come down.  Hmmm.)   Unfortunately, the main thing WE need to do to tidy up our place is to get rid of a lot of "stuff" -- all kinds of things!  Wish I knew someone who could use all of that.  Well, we can probably pass it on to Jerry and maybe he can find friends who could use the stuff.   Well - we'll find SOME way to deal with everything.  Onward and upward.

No comments: