Monday, October 1, 2012

Yippee!

Just got an e-mail from the lady who had a sectional sofa for sale on Craigslist.  I won!   So I'm HOPING Buddy and Bryan will both be over this weekend so they can go over with me to pick it up.  It's too big to fit in the back of my truck - that's only 6 feet long.  So I guess we can probably take the trailer over and haul it back in that.  But I know I can't lift it onto the trailer, and the lady who's selling it no doubt can't either, so we're definitely going to need some help! 

Cute, huh?  (And it's actually a dark olive green, not tan like it looks in these pictures.) 

I'm going to put it upstairs in the library.  That room is 11 1/2 by about 28 feet.  A little loveseat is sitting down on the end wall with nothing at all between it and the stairs that come up on the other end of that room.  Kind of looks like it could be a bowling alley!  


(You thought I was kidding, huh?  See -- it's a really, really loooong room.)

I plan to put that sectional in the center facing the end wall where (eventually) I'd like to add a flatscreen TV.  So when you come up the stairs, you'll see the back of it like below - eventually with a sofa table against it.  And since we already have that giant 3 X 5-foot coffee table up there it should all work out nicely.



And since none of the dogs can go upstairs any longer, it will be a safe place for non-dog company to sit down and visit.  Just think -- there'll be no dog hair on there.  Imagine THAT at our house!    ;-D

No comments: