Friday, August 24, 2012

Cute!

I wish I'd gotten tickets to the play at my boss's family's school this weekend.  We plan to do a lot of work at home this weekend and I'm going to have to do a bunch of running around, but we probably COULD have taken the time to go see the play over at the Runnels School.  My boss and his dog are going to be in the play -- Brigadoon -- this weekend.

There's an article about it in the Fun Section of the newspaper today.  Gotta love the picture, don't you?  Believe me, a kilt is NOT a typical "John" thing!


That's John's dog Khayenne ("Khay") on the right.  She's  way up there on the national obedience competitions this year.  They've already been invited to the national finals that you have to qualify for this December.  

It's interesting that in the picture she is looking exactly where she's supposed to be looking - and not at the camera person.  GOOD girl.

For those of you who don't know John, it's interesting to note that most of the other women who work around him are pretty much intimidated by him.  Doesn't look very likely, does it?   ;-D    But I have to say, in the 14 years I've worked with him, he really HAS kicked back and cooled out a LOT over the years.  He used to stand over me and tell me exactly what to do every step of the way for quite a while.  Now? . . . he just sends me an e-mail with a brief mention of what he wants to happen and that's about all I ever get anymore.  Gotta love it.  Of course his focus is no longer completely on his work, either, so that probably has a bit to do with it.  He's generally gone most Fridays to take Khay out of town to various obedience trials.  He's always been a "dog person" -- that was one of the reasons I decided to work for him to begin with -- but it's becoming more all-encompassing over time.   And Jeanne, my other boss is my age, so she's  partially retired, working only Tuesday through Thursdays.  So what I generally do is work long days during the week, then try and take off early on Fridays.  And today is one of those days.  I'll be going home early.

David is going to put down the tile on Mark's bathroom floor and move the vanity downstairs.  But he's also going to paint my bathroom on Monday, so I need to go pick out some paint this weekend and try and find a decent rug for in there.  I also need a headboard for the bed and I'd LIKE to have a painting (or paintings) for above it, so I'll be looking at those, too. 

I hope the rain blows through by tonight so the weekend will be dry enough to actually ride Arthur.  He really needs more practice here at the house.

Well - lunch is over.  Back to work so I can head out shortly.

No comments: