Friday, November 12, 2010

Our life goes on . . .

Mark is back home, but he spent the last two nights at the sleep clinic which hasn't done much for his disposition, let me tell you!  But then who WOULD enjoy sleeping with grease on their head and those things taped on there to monitor brain activity!  Yuk!   Not to mention the fact that they make you sleep (or TRY to sleep) on your back, no matter HOW you usually sleep.  Bottom line, he IS going to get one of those mask things for sleep apnea.  Hope it really helps, because the thought of having to sleep in it certainly isn't making him very cheery!

Tonight is the second night of the LSU Block and Bridle Club Rodeo.  Looking forward to going by there.  Saw an entry on Facebook from Torri's guy saying there were not one, but two barrel racing mules there during the "students only" portion last night!  Hope they're back tonight.  I really love the idea of riding a mule but I've never actually seen one being ridden in person, only on RFD-TV.  (Hmm.  Wonder what it would take to add one more stall to our barn??)

Okay, okay.  I guess I DO need to order myself one of those t-shirts:


Got the combination training bit in this week, and borrowed a really cool saddle from Janet to try on Lizzie and Bug.  She used it on a VERY short-backed, small horse she used to have, so there's a good chance it will actually work for one or both of mine.  We'll find out this weekend. 

It's going to be a busy weekend.  Tonight we head over to Parker Coliseum for the "open" rodeo night (last night was strictly students).  Then tomorrow is the last Extreme Cowboy competition of the year, after which we plan to go ride our own horses.  Then Sunday, we head over to Lafayette for a family reunion dinner with Mark's family.  I think I'll be ready to come back to work and rest up by Monday!

And I FINALLY got around to scheduling someone to come by and clean ALL our area rugs on Wednesday.  Every time someone throws up or wets on one, we roll it up and stash it out on the porch.  We have quite a collection out there at this point!  I think there are at least 5 indoor rugs plus the actual porch rugs, so the guy should be camped out at our place all afternoon!  And while he's doing that, I think I'll steam clean the floors in the house.  (Or better yet, I think I'll get Joyce to do that on Monday when she comes to clean.)  I'm really looking forward to the house smelling more like a house and less like a kennel for a change!   Maybe we'll even be able to maintain it like that until after the Christmas visitors have departed - I hope.

Went over to visit with Janet last weekend and try everyone's saddles on everyone else (fun!) and her place was so immaculate that it wasn't possible to go back inside after having tromped around in the sand in the barn.  Tidier than Wendy's place, even!  Phew!  I know THAT'S never going to be the case at our house.   But I'd like to hope we won't end up as hoarders on TLC either!   I think I'll plan to take pictures next week -- maybe that will be incentive enough to get me to straighten up at least a BIT more.


Maybe.


No comments: